TruEmbroidery™ 3 Software Newsletter July 2017
Welcome to the TruEmbroidery™ 3 newsletter. This month we will look at the Control Strip and working with Layers in the TruE™ 3 Modify application, available in the TruEmbroidery™ ELITE package.
PREMIER+™ 2 Announcement
We are proud to announce the upcoming release of the PREMIER+™ 2 Embroidery System software for Mac®. This will be exciting for you as a TruE™ Embroidery System user as it has been updated with many new features that you've been asking for such as: Cross Stitch Assistant, Word Sculpt and much more!
View a video of some of the new features.
The PREMIER+™ 2 Embroidery System software will be released in October 2017. Look out for the Embroidery Software Newsletters over the next few months, as we give you more information about the features of the PREMIER+™ 2 Embroidery System software and how to secure your copy.
The Control Strip in TruE™ 3 Modify has several icons that help you view or hide selected areas of complex embroidery designs within the active design in the work area. If several embroideries are loaded as separate layers, only the active embroidery design will be available to filter using the Control Strip.
- To view areas by their color block or thread color changes, use Draw Previous Color Block and Draw Next Color Block . You can scroll forward or backward through all the colors using these two buttons, one color at a time.
- To invert your selection from the visible threads to all hidden threads, use Invert Color Visibility . Click once to invert to all hidden threads, then click again to toggle back to the originally selected thread color(s).
- To make hidden stitches visible in a faded view (but still inaccessible for editing) click on Ghost Mode . Ghost Mode is useful for referencing hidden stitches when moving or reshaping stitch areas.
- To redraw all stitches and make them accessible for editing, click Display All . Display All is useful when you want to view your changes when editing or combining multiple designs.
Designs insert into the work area from File View in the Design Viewer in discrete layers, and only the currently selected Layer can be filtered with the Control Strip.
- Icons in the Design Select View include Move Up (moves the selected design to stitch earlier in the exported embroidery), Move Down (moves the selected design to stitch later in the exported embroidery), and Merge with design above (merges selected design with the design above it in the list).
Tip: Merge does not remove overlapping areas of designs in the TruE™ 3 Modify application, as all stitches in the two merging designs are retained. However, if designs are kept in layers throughout the editing process, you can opt to remove overlapping stitches when you export the embroidery.
Use Life View to review how the designs will appear upon Export, using the current settings in TruE™ 3 Configure .
The design pictured in the illustration is Flower Garden from TruEmbroidery3 > Samples > Studio > Stitch2 > Butterflies and Bugs. TruEmbroidery 3 > Samples can be found in your Home folder in Finder.